Now that it’s finally fall, I’ve been craving the flavors of pumpkin and cinnamon. I made these bars this weekend, which are actually healthy enough to have for breakfast. You could replace your usual packaged protein bars with these for a great on-the-go snack option too!
Isabelle helped me make them-another easy recipe to whip up during your busy day!
If you want to make this recipe vegan-sub in a flax egg (1 tbsp group flax + 3 tbsp of water-whisk together and let sit for 15 minutes) and use vegan chocolate chips.
- ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Optionally, press chocolate chips and nuts into the batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the edges have browned. Mine took 25 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour, or until completely cool. Lift out, slice and enjoy!
*Store in an airtight container for up to one week. Freeze in an airtight container for up to one month & let cool 10-15 minutes before eating.*
4 thoughts on “Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Oatmeal Bars”
This looks amazing and super healthy! I will defo give it a go soon 🙂 Thanks for sharing!!!
You bet! Hope you enjoy it!
I just made these and they are yummy! I used regular flour and oats though since I didn’t have the other on hand.
I’m so happy you tried and liked them Julie!