It’s peach season here in South Carolina and now is the perfect time to try out this peach & blueberry cobbler for a delicious and not too naughty dessert option. This recipe uses almond flour instead of bleached, refined flour and honey and fresh fruit instead of white sugar.
It’s great on it’s own but adding a coconut whipped cream as a topping, of course, will make it even yummier. Just keep in mind that you are making a healthier dessert so dousing this in ice cream defeats the purpose! (Check out the recipe for easy coconut whipped cream below but you have to pre-chill the can of full fat coconut milk if you decide to make this topping.)
I hope you like it!
- 5 cups peaches (sliced)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 – 4 tbsp honey (depending on how sweet you like it-I used 4)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (not required, but will help thicken the juices)
- 1½ cups of almond flour
- ¼ cup of melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients for the filling and gently toss (hands work great)
- Lightly grease pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Pour into an 8 in. by 8 in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients for the topping and then spread evenly over the top of the filling mixture.
- Bake until the topping is slightly golden (about 35-40 minutes)
- Spoon in out into a bowl or plate and enjoy! Will be messy, but will taste delicous!! *Optional toppings: coconut whipped cream which you can find a recipe for right HERE (you just have to chill the coconut milk 6-8 hrs prior to whipping!)