I had to share this recipe from my friend and ultimate nutrition expert, Carol Green from “Taste Of Healing.” She has shared a bunch of her “gut healing and stomach friendly” recipes so that I can work to heal my digestive issues. (TMI???)
I thought that these turkey cakes would be dry and flavorless (and how would they stick together without an egg??) but turns out they are delicious and make a yummy, quick snack or meal and freeze really well too. I hope you like them!
Active Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
- 1 LB ground turkey
- 1 cup grated (medium) zucchini-I chopped mine up in the food processor
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 TBSP Ghee (clarified butter) for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together all the ingredients (except the Ghee) in a bowl and shape into cakes, about 1/3 cup size.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high, place a little Ghee in the pan and brown the patties on both sides. (Approx 2-3 minutes each side)
- Place on baking tray and finish in the oven, 2-6 minutes.
To learn more about certified nutritionist & personal chef, Carol Green, click HERE.